Post: IMS/LAB/Κ/P/PostDoc-1 Post-Doc Researcher with a PhD in Archaeology or History of Art in the study of the spatial and Architectural attributes of urban environments and settlements.
with a PhD in Archaeology or History of Art in the study of the spatial and Architectural attributes of urban environments and settlements.
The Lab of Satellite Remote Sensing and Archaeo-environment of the Institute for Mediterranean Studies - Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (IMS-FORTH) announces a Post-Doc scholarship for scholars that want to participate in the implementation of the project POLITEIA of Action KRIPIS of the General Secretary for Research and Tehcnology. The project deals with the Culture and Technology, and the particular Post-Doc will be employed for the materialization of the Work Package 2 (Development of an integrated mapping system of archaeological sites with emphasis in the usage of space).
The Post-Doc will be involved in the geophysical prospection of archaeological sites, the processing of them, the processing of satellite images and aerial photos, the rectification and photo interpretation of the satellite and aerial images. He will participate in a number of fieldwork activities in Greece, Cyprus and abroad and in providing lectures at international seminar series. Candidates will participate in the publications of the results of the projects they shall be involved in and they will be encouraged to publish in international peer reviewed journals. Candidates need to have a strong stimulus and be able to collaborate and interact constructively within an international team with various disciplines.
The term of contract: 24 months
- PhD in Archaeology or History of Art in the study of the spatial and Architectural attributes of urban environments and settlements.
- Participation in a number of research projects of applied remote sensing (satellite images) in archaeology.
- A significant publication record in peer-review international journals and or conferences.
- Knowledge of GIS (ArcGIS), satellite image processing (Erdas, ENVI, etc), topographic mapping through GPS and post processing of GPS data..
- Very good knowledge of English and in case of a foreigner a certificate of the knowledge of Greek language.
Applications, including identification and communication details, a CV, copy of the PhD degree, and the names, e-mails, and phone numbers of three referees should be sent to Dr A. Sarris by 6 February 2013 at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com