One (1) position for a PhD Candidate to work in the research project «Innovative Geophysical Approaches for the Study of Early Agricultural Villages of Neolithic Thessaly»
Rethymno, July 23rd 2012
Under the framework of the Operational Program «Education and Lifelong Learning», NSRF 2007-2013, Action «ARISTEIA», the Laboratory of Geophysical Remote Sensing and Archaeoenvironment, Institute for Mediterranean Studies, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, which is located in Rethymno Crete, proclaims one (1) position for a PhD Candidate to work in the research project «Innovative Geophysical Approaches for the Study of Early Agricultural Villages of Neolithic Thessaly» for a total duration of 5 months.
The potential candidate should have:
1. Degree and MSc in Computer Engineering and MSc in
2. Experience in:
- Date Bases: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 .
- ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server και Web_GIS applications.
- Operating Systems: MS Windows 95/NT/98/2000/Me/XP/Vista/7, Linux και εξοικίωση με Δίκτυα (Network administration)
- Desktop Applications: Microsoft Office, Macromedia Studio, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autocad, Pro Engineer
- Image Processing: Adobe Photoshop, ACDSee
3. Previous experience in scientific projects in cultural domain data bases.
The candidates should send analytic curriculum vitae by e-mail to Dr. Nikos Papadopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org) until August 10th, 2012.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Papadopoulos Nikos
Laboratory of Geophysical - Satellite Remote Sensing and Archaeo-environment
Institute for Mediterranean Studies
Foundation of Research and Technology - Hellas
Melissinou & Nikiforou Foka 130,
P.O. Box. 119
Rethymno 74100, Crete, Greece
Tel.: (+30) 28310 25146, 56627, Fax: (+30) 28310 25810