Opening for one Post-doctoral fellow in the project ARCHERS
Opening for One Post-Doctoral "Stavros Niarchos Foundation - FORTH Fellowship" within the project
Advancing Young Researchers' Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges
Exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Laboratory of Geophysical Satellite Remote Sensing and Archaeoenvironment (GeoSat ReSeArch Lab) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit one post-doctoral fellow.
The post-doctoral fellow will be involved in one or more of the following modules:
- Geophysical Prospection using single and multi-sensor magnetometers, single and multi-antenna ground penetrating radar, multi-frequency electromagnetics, resistivity and seismic tomography, magnetic susceptibility measurements
- Satellite remote sensing in archaeological, environmental, and geological applications; Development of signal and image processing algorithms for satellite data interpretation. Processing of data and creation of GIS maps. GIS spatial analyses.
- Development of algorithms and methodologies for correlation, synthesis and fusion among diverse spatial and temporal datasets (geophysical- aerial- satellite).
- Development of modelling and inversion tomographic algorithms for geophysical data processing and interpretation.
- Shallow off shore geophysical prospection and remote sensing applications.
- PhD in one of the following topics: geophysics, geology, physics, satellite remote sensing, earth sciences, geoinformatics, etc. (25%).
- A significant publication record in peer-review international journals and or conferences (30%)
- Very good programming skills in various platforms and languages (PYTHON, C/C++, MATLAB, COMSOL, etc) (25%)
- Participation in a number of research projects of applied remote sensing (geophysical/satellite/aerial) (10%)
- Knowledge of diverse software for geophysical data processing, spatial analysis with GIS, satellite image processing softwares (10%)
Location: IMS-FORTH, Rethymno Crete, GREECE
Start Date: 1st of October, 2017
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications electronically (by e-mail), no later than the June 30th, 2017, 23:59 local Greece time to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, with cc to email@example.com.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (please download form at the end of this page)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Dr. Nikos Papadopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +30 28310-56627 or 25146.
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of IMS-FORTH (www.ims.forth.gr).
Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the IMS secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates' scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of IMS-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.